You may want to keep the Hello! Pro theme demo open in another browser tab/window for your reference.
Download Your Theme and ExtrasImmediately after your purchase, you should receive a confirmation email with a download link. Your purchase of the Hello theme includes a file called hello-pro.zip this archive contains the theme files. Also available for download are the Theme Extras which contain Photoshop design files and the theme fonts.
- Install the Genesis Framework. From your WordPress Dashboard go to Appearance > Themes. Click "Add New." Click "Upload Theme." Browse your computer to upload the file you purchased from StudioPress. You do not need to activate the Genesis Framework.
- Install Hello Pro Theme. From your WordPress Dashboard go to Appearance > Themes. Click "Add New." Click "Upload Theme." Browse your computer to upload the file called "hello.zip." Click "Activate" when the file is finished uploading.
- Update your permalinks. From your WordPress Dashboard go to Settings > Permalinks. For maximum search engine friendly-ness we recommend the "Post Name" option (ie. http://thebrandid.com/sample-post/) but configure as you wish for your site.
Please make sure that you have the most recent version of the theme. The current version is 1.2.0. Not sure what version you have? The version number appears on the theme page after installation.
How to Add and Remove Themes
Plugins to InstallThe following plugins are not necessary to use the Hello Pro theme, but we recommend these to get the maximum functionality out of your theme.
- Gravity Forms - a paid premium plugin for making contact and opt-in forms. There are many free alternatives, but we feel this one is worth the investment.
- Recent Posts Widget Extended - This plugin is recommended for using the homepage portfolio area.
- Simple Social Icons - Used to make the social icons in the theme footer and sidebar and connect them to your social sites.
- Social Proof (Testimonial) Slider - Rotates testimonials on the homepage.
- Black Studio TinyMCE Widget - Visual Editor for widget spaces.
- Genesis eNews Extended - Easily add mailing lists integration to Hello Pro.
FontsThe fonts used in this theme are Comfortaa and Lato. These Google fonts are already included in the Personal Branding theme, and in the .zip file you received with your purchase. We recommend installing them on your computer for future projects. Get the fonts.
Theme Colors and TexturesThe Hello theme comes with four color and texture combinations. The grey color is the default and no changes are necessary to use this color scheme. To use the orange, purple, or gray options, from your WordPress dashboard click on Appearance > Customize. Open the "Color Scheme" menu. Choose the color option that you want to use and click "Save."
Site Title and Tagline or LogoThe Hello theme comes with the option to use styled text for your site title and tagline or to upload a logo image of your choice. To use the text options, from your WordPress dashboard click on Appearance > Customize. Open the "Site Identity" menu. Enter your site title and tagline, then click "Save." To use the logo option, from your WordPress dashboard click on Appearance > Customize. Click on the "Header Image" menu. Upload your logo file. The ideal logo size for the theme is 320px × 110px.
The Hello! Pro theme features a "sticky" header navigation that attaches itself to the top of your browser window as you scroll down. This is a great way to keep users from feeling lost as they browse your content, keep your logo and branding in sight, and it eliminate the need to return to the top of the page to access the menu items.
However, if you have very short pages that don't require much scrolling, or if you have modified the header to have a larger logo size, you may want to consider removing the "sticky" functionality. The sticky navigation can be found in the functions.php file on line 84. Remove the entire function as shown in the snippet below.
Widget SettingsHeader Right Create a custom menu using the Appearance > Menus screen. Add a menu to the Header Right widget space using the Custom Menu widget.
Two text styles have been pre-designed for use in this area. To get the large all uppercase text, use <h1></h1> tags around the headline text. For the text with the background color block use <span class="highlight"></span> To add a button to any widget area, use the class "button".
To style the widget spaces with a visual editor instead of HTML, consider this plugin Black Studio TinyMCE Widget
Home - Call to Action Paste your opt-in embed code in a text widget to use this space. The text in our theme demo uses the class "optin" <span class="optin">PUT YOUR OPT-IN COPY HERE!</span>
Version 1.2.0 of the Hello Theme now also supports the Genesis eNews Extended plugin. Install the plugin according to the plugin directions. Set the form to only use a first name and email address. Put the text to the left of the form in the field labeled "Text To Show Before Form:"
Footer Copyright Text The footer code can be found in the function.php file. The function that you need to customize the standard Genesis footer is already included in the child theme. It looks like this… You can keep or remove anything inside the paragraph tags, without actually modifying the function, but please make a backup of your site before doing so as changes to the theme code can cause errors. You can find more information about custom Genesis footers in the StudioPress documentation.
Support & Customization Help
Thank you for using our theme! Please make sure you always check your specific theme documentation prior to reaching out for help.
For product support, please visit our Support website at: thebrandidthemes.com/support. We offer Product Documentation, a Knowledge Base, and Support Forums to help you with your support needs.